Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Rain

I waited for a time like this
alone in thought
the lights are dim

I made no effort at your request
to meet you half or all the way

I chose this state
and though naive
I realize now what I have missed

My pride means nothing
it never did
the things I seeked weren't clear to me

I wished you found your inspiration
Feel it and taste it
show me what a Master can be

And though I have this hesitation
I learn the hard way
its my nature

cheers to you and cheers to me
another year closer to destiny
the time goes by faster it seems
I realize too the youth I killed

A flower blooms amidst the rain
cold and gloom as cars drive away
the fading light is hard to see
a drop of heaven has blinded me

oh the mirth
yes laugh at me
expose the lies I cant repeat
Ive held so long
identified with
and trusted its unknown scheme

I fear no more
my destiny
I always knew
It's up to me.

No comments: