Friday, November 20, 2009

recent excess

warm and fuzzy feelings
are put aside at the present moment

The disgrace of my reflection
reminds me of my recent excess

I am not beating myself over it
nor do I blame the influences around me.

What I feel is happening is something great
something basic, it's what we all come to expect

The jungle has never had more predators
It has never grown so wild with forbidden fruits

And the young little birds fly from their nest
sooner and more hopeful than before.

Growing up in a world of excess and instant gratification
Is it true when the elders tell us everything has been done?

What kind of world do we live in if our dreams have already come to be?

I chose not to believe in their theories anymore
not in this moment

There is so much more out there to be found
and even more to create.

I am listening to a guide I cannot identify
but it gives me full responsibility for my actions.

What will the outcome be?

It's so simple I cant stand it
Ive had the key to my own cell all along
still I am afraid of freedom...

This is the month of light
My month!

The key is in the hole
all I have to do is turn
and push the door open

The dreams will come

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great piece - so well written - really beautiful!!!

Great work...